**Please note that the Covid-19 situation is fluid and can change very quickly. We appreciate your patience and continued support of White Oak ISD. White Oak ISD is continuing to diligently work on the logistics of COVID-19 and the ever-changing landscape and evolving issues of the pandemic. We are continuing to receive guidance from TEA, Governor Abbott, Department of State Health Services officials, and other governing entities. Please note that the guidelines we receive change frequently. We continue to review recommendations from the CDC, etc., and have gathered input from parents/guardians and staff via surveys. While the information below is not an exhaustive list of efforts or all of the information that will be forthcoming as the pandemic situation evolves, we want to share the following as a starting point as we work to get through these challenging times:
● Traditional In-Person Learning on Campus: School Start Date ~ August 10
● Virtual At-Home Learning (Asynchronous): School Start Date ~ August 10 *Parents/Guardians who would like the virtual at-home instruction option due to health and safety concerns will need to email the following administrators no later than Monday, July 27 with the following information: Student Name, Grade, current phone number. Campus administration will personally reply and contact parents with additional information. [email protected] (PK-2) [email protected] (3-5) [email protected] (6-8) [email protected] (9-12) General Virtual At-
Home learning Information:
● Edgenuity (grades 6-12), Odysseyware (grades 3-5) and Seesaw (grades Pre-K-2 ) platforms will be utilized
● White Oak ISD teachers will oversee this instructional process
● TEA requires daily student attendance and participation
● Rigor will be at the level of In-School instruction
● Grading process will be the same as In-School instruction
● Internet connection is required. If this is a significant issue, please indicate within your email.
● We ask that parents commit to a 9 weeks grading period if they ultimately choose this option Traditional In-School
COVID-19 Precautions and General Information (this is not an exhaustive list):
● A comprehensive 24-7 sanitizing and cleaning process has been developed utilizing custodial contracted staff as well as White Oak ISD employees.
● Student and staff protocol and hygiene training.
● Hand Sanitizer stations.
● Frequent hand washing schedules.
● Various COVID-19 signage posted.
● Social Distancing as is feasible and campus/area specific.
● Elimination of large group gatherings.
● COVID-19 pre-screening for staff and students including the use of digital temperature scanners.
● Masks/face shields – Currently we are under the Governor’s Executive Order and masks are required when students and staff cannot socially distance (There are some medical and age exceptions as well as when engaged in physical activity or consuming food or drink). When staff and students *can safely socially distance* masks/face shields are not required.
● Campus specific plans will be made available as is applicable.
● Bus transportation will be provided with the following protocols: Hand sanitizing upon bus loading, masks will be worn, windows open when weather allows, social distancing as is feasible, temperature checks. Buses/vehicles will be sanitized daily and specifically after each trip. White Oak ISD is also placing an aide on each bus to help with all aspects of bus travel.
● White Oak ISD will follow all TEA and state requirements associated with response to an exposure or medically confirmed case of Covid-19.
Registration Information: ONLINE registration will open for ALL RETURNING and NEW students on Monday, July 20th. Computer usage fees for grades 6-12 can be paid online during registration. To register go to the district website at www.woisd.net; At the bottom of the homepage click on the blue Skyward icon for RETURNING student documents OR click on the yellow folder for NEW student documents. ANY NEW OR RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION for families who cannot complete the process online is Monday, July 27 through Friday, July 31 in the Secondary Cafeteria from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day. Computers will be provided to assist in the completion of all forms. Computer usage fees for grades 6-12 can be paid in person during this time. In accordance with the Governor’s mandate: masks/face shields and social distancing will be required.
● We are currently awaiting further guidance from UIL regarding the status of Academics, Athletics, and Fine Arts programs.