Celia Bower will be conducting a boys basketball Mom’s club meeting for Middle School parents on Sunday, Nov. 11 at White Oak Community Church at 6:00. All Middle School boys basketball parents are encouraged to attend.
This Thursday, The 7th and 8th grade Band will play at the football game. This is an easy performance grade. We only play for the 8th grade game, so the 7th grade football players can go ahead and play their games and then come to the band section. We will meet in the MS BandHall at 5:50. I have no idea when the game will be over, due to the constant starting and stopping of the clock. I will guess that it will be over around 8:15-8:30.
****7th Grade Football players – You need to get someone to bring your instrument to the stands. The band hall will NOT be open, so this is critical. Once the 7th grade games are over, the football players are to quickly change into their regular clothes and head to the stands. Parents, since they are playing their instruments, please do not bring any food or drinks (other than Water) to them while they are in the stands. They will get 3rd quarter off, so they can get food at that time. ***
Rules for the stands:
- No Cellphones – We are still on school property and the football stands are an extension of our classroom. The students can use their phones during 3rd Quarter, so Parents – Please don’t text them during the game.
- Yes, they must stay for the entire game. They will not receive credit for leaving early.
- They receive 3rd quarter off just like the High School. This gives them an opportunity to visit the concession stand if they wish. They MUST be back before the end of the 3rd quarter.
- At the conclusion of the game, everyone must take their instrument back to the band hall. Once their instrument is put up, they are dismissed. Parents – Please work out the details with your student as to where you will be picking them up.
October 22 – October 26
Red Ribbon Week is an alcohol, tobacco, and other drug and violence prevention awareness campaign observed annually in October.
Middle school students are encouraged to participate in the dress up, theme days, during Red Ribbon Week. As always, you must remain in dress code.
- Monday – Wear RED
- Tuesday – Outsmart Drugs – Dress like a Nerd
- Wednesday – Double up against Drugs – Twin Day
- Thursday – Team up against Drugs – Wear Team Jersey
- Friday – Keep Dreams Alive – Dress as your Future
School pictures are scheduled for September 19, 2018.
This is the picture that will go in the school yearbook. Everyone will have their picture made. Order forms will be sent home today. If you wish to order pictures, please send your student with the order form and money, on the day of pictures. Students will be responsible for their picture money and order form. If you choose to pay online, please be sure to send a print out of your receipt. Students will need to show proof of online order/payment.
From Coach Boyett:
As I mentioned during our parent meeting, Good Shepherd Medical Center offers a free clinic on Saturday mornings for injuries sustained during football season. The clinic allows injured athletes to be evaluated by an orthopedist free of charge including x-rays. If at all possible, we encourage our athletes to attend these evaluations by doctors familiar with sports injuries on Saturday instead of visiting your family doctor or quick care health facility. Of course, the final decision on whether your son can wait until Saturday to be evaluated is totally up to the parent. Click on the link below for times and location of the clinic