When: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 10 a.m.
Where: C.C. Simmons Auditorium
School will dismiss at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Parents of 7th Grade Roughnecks-
As we close the current school year, I would like to provide you with some pertinent information concerning the 2018-19 school year for our 7th grade Roughnecks:
1) Subscribe to our 7th grade boys athletics blog ( boyettr.wonecks.net ) in order to receive the most up to date information regarding 7th boys athletics.
2) We will have a preseason parent meeting in August. Check the blog for the date & time.
3) All athletes will wear school issued equipment unless approved by Coach Boyett or Coach Iske with the following exceptions:
Football – athletes may wear their own cleats but we have quite a few used cleats.
Cleats should be predominantly black or white.
Basketball – athletes may wear their own basketball shoes. We have a few pair of
If needed. Shoes should be predominantly black or white.
Track – All athletes must supply their own flats. Sprinters may wear their own spikes
But we have quite a few that can be used. Track athletes may wear WHITE
compression shorts only under their track shorts.
4) All athletes will need to supply their own towel. I will wash the towels on Fridays.
5) All 7th grade athletes are required to have a physical prior to participation. A physical form was provided to each athlete in the spring. Forms can also be downloaded from the UIL website or can be picked up from the fieldhouse during the summer. Forms will also be available at registration.
6) Most football and basketball practices begin at 7:00 am. We do not practice after school during football or basketball season. Track workouts begin at 7:45 am but we also workout after school until about 4:45.
7) My contact information is [email protected] and 903-399-0484. I do not get email on my phone but I check it daily during the summer.
The month of May is the most active time because everything is happening all at the same time. Here are a few dates to remember:
Tuesday – May 15th Spring Concert in The Auditorium. Start at 6:00 p.m. Order: 6th Grade Band / 7th Grade Band / 8th Grade Band
Thursday – May 17th 6th Grade Contest / Band Trip to Canton
Monday – May 21st 7th / 8th Grade Band Trip To Six Flags
Wednesday – May 23rd Last Day of School
8th Grade Band ONLY!!!!!
Our Concert & Sightreading Contest will be on Thursday, April 26th @ Lindale High School. We are the first band of the day. We will warmup on stage at 8:30, and perform at 9:00. In order for us to be on time, we will need to meet at the MS Band Hall by 7:00, load and then leave the school by 7:30. Parents, please make arrangements for your student to be at the school at the appropriate time. We will be back at the school before the end of the school day. This is an incredibly important day, so please make sure all doctor / dentist appointments will not interfere. If you have any questions, please email me: [email protected]