TEA will begin uploading grades 3-8 STAAR scores on the parent portal soon. Please log in to texasassessment.com to view your child’s results. In order to view results, you will need an access code. Click on “Find My Access Code” to begin. You will then enter your child’s name, birth date, and social security number. Once you enter this information, you will receive an access code. Save this code so you can return at any time. This site will give you a lot of useful information about your child.
Parents- Please click on the link below to learn more about STAAR.
The 7th and 8th grade band students will be traveling to Six Flags tomorrow. Below is the itinerary along with other helpful info:
- Meet in the MS Band Hall by 7:45. As soon as the Charter Buses show up, we will start to check roll.
- Depart the school by 8:00 am
- Arrive at Six Flags by 10:00-10:30 am. Park opens at 10:30 am
- Start checking in and heading to the buses at 5:30 pm.
- Depart the Park by 6:00 pm
- If everyone shows up on time and there are no issues, we will stop at Buc-ee’s in Terrell for a quick stop before heading home.
- Arrive at the school by 9:30 pm (Due to travel times and stops, 9:30 is just an estimate. Parents, please be flexible.)
- The buses will park in the back of the school, so please plan on kicking up your student in the same location.
***I am aware that there is the potential for severe weather coming in overnight. The latest weather model shows that it will push out of the DFW area by 10:30 or so and give way to lots of sun. We will push through as planned but we will keep a sharp eye on the weather and make adjustments as needed.
Things to remember about taking Snacks / Drinks and other items on the Charter Buses:
- No Open Top Beverages. This includes fountain drinks and can drinks. Any drink must have a screw on lid so that it does not leak all over the charter bus floor.
- Any food must be contained in a bag and must not be dropped on the floor. This includes chips, which are notorious for leaving crumbs all over the ground.
- NO SUNFLOWER SEEDS WHATSOEVER.
- The bus needs to remain clean at all times.
- Any items may be left on the charter while in the park. The Driver will be on board the entire time and will make sure noone steals it.
- Bring a phone charger to keep your phone charged. There are plugs at every seat. I will be communicating via text message throughout the day, so please make sure your phone doesn’t run out of power before we even get to the park.
Important: We will have early release at 12:00, on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Please join us Wednesday, May 22 at 10:00 am in the auditorium to celebrate the successes of our Middle School students. Recognition/awards will be given to students for academic achievement and extracurricular activities. The ceremony should conclude around 11:30, and students will be able to leave with parents at that time. School will be dismissed for summer at 12:00.