The 7th and 8th grade band students will be traveling to Six Flags tomorrow. Below is the itinerary along with other helpful info:
- Meet in the MS Band Hall by 7:45. As soon as the Charter Buses show up, we will start to check roll.
- Depart the school by 8:00 am
- Arrive at Six Flags by 10:00-10:30 am. Park opens at 10:30 am
- Start checking in and heading to the buses at 5:30 pm.
- Depart the Park by 6:00 pm
- If everyone shows up on time and there are no issues, we will stop at Buc-ee’s in Terrell for a quick stop before heading home.
- Arrive at the school by 9:30 pm (Due to travel times and stops, 9:30 is just an estimate. Parents, please be flexible.)
- The buses will park in the back of the school, so please plan on kicking up your student in the same location.
***I am aware that there is the potential for severe weather coming in overnight. The latest weather model shows that it will push out of the DFW area by 10:30 or so and give way to lots of sun. We will push through as planned but we will keep a sharp eye on the weather and make adjustments as needed.
Things to remember about taking Snacks / Drinks and other items on the Charter Buses:
- No Open Top Beverages. This includes fountain drinks and can drinks. Any drink must have a screw on lid so that it does not leak all over the charter bus floor.
- Any food must be contained in a bag and must not be dropped on the floor. This includes chips, which are notorious for leaving crumbs all over the ground.
- NO SUNFLOWER SEEDS WHATSOEVER.
- The bus needs to remain clean at all times.
- Any items may be left on the charter while in the park. The Driver will be on board the entire time and will make sure noone steals it.
- Bring a phone charger to keep your phone charged. There are plugs at every seat. I will be communicating via text message throughout the day, so please make sure your phone doesn’t run out of power before we even get to the park.