There will be a meeting tonight at 7:30 for 8th-12th grade band students who are interested in going to Washington DC next summer. The meeting will take place in the High School band hall.
Students have received their picture order forms. If your child did not bring one home, they can get an order form in the office. Also, pictures can be ordered online.
The Picture Day ID for our campus is HC017146Y0 If you want to order school pictures, there are two methods:
(1) Order online prior to picture day and pay via Visa or Paypal. Just go to mylifetouch.com and complete your order.
(2) Complete the order form that will be sent home. Enclose the EXACT payment and return to school on Picture Day. Checks should be made payable to Lifetouch.
For any questions, please call LIFETOUCH directly at 1-800-736-475
White Oak Middle School Pep Rally
Join us at 3:00 Thursday for our first Pep Rally of 2017! You do not need to check in through the office. You can go straight to the New Middle School Gym. Now that football season is here, we will have a Pep Rally Schedule on Fridays only. Please see schedule below:
Pep Rally Schedule
|Period 1||7:55 – 8:40|
|Period 2||8:44 – 9:29|
|Period 3||9:33 – 10:18|
|Period 4||10:22 – 11:07|
|Lunch||11:07 – 11:37|
|Period 5||11:37 – 12:22|
|Period 6||12:26 – 1:11|
|Period 7||1:15 – 2:00|
|Period 8||2:04 – 2:50|
Our school uses Securly to help keep students safe on their school issued Chromebooks even away from school. Starting this week, you will receive a weekly email from Securly.com that will show you a preview of your child’s online activity while not at school. To receive access to their full online activity history, you can enter the free Parent Portal. If you do not wish to receive the weekly email from Securly, simply click unsubscribe in the bottom left corner of the email.
To enter the Parent Portal, click on the “go to my parent portal” link, or the “sign up” link at the bottom of your weekly email. You will be asked to check two boxes and then click “Yes, please set up my account.” Once you do this, you will receive an email with login and password information. After you set up your account, you can enter the Parent Portal any time by going to www.securly.com and clicking on “login.”
The Parent Portal contains three categories on the left from which you can choose:
1. Activity (shows a real-time audit trail of your child’s online activity)
2. Flagged (shows posts made on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ that have been flagged by Securly as potentially related to self-harm or bullying)
3. Settings (allows you to control content on the device at home only)
Your school is not able to assist with Securly Parent Portal questions, so please email [email protected] if you have any further questions.